Price: $29.95 per month, $139.95 per year (7-day free trial)
Founders: Alex Shevchenko and Max Lytvyn
Overall Rank: 97 out of 100
Recommended for: All writers and bloggers, in fact, everyone!
What is Grammarly?
Grammarly is an automated proofreader who can help you with your grammar, spell-checking and even plagiarism checking.
It’s available online, so there’s no need to download and store software on your computer. This means that it’s accessible to you at anytime, anywhere in the world and on any computer! Try it out for free by entering some text in the text box at the end of this article!
If you just want to proofread a document, offline there is an MS Office add-on available for download to help you out.
Who Uses Grammarly?
Grammarly is used and trusted by more than 3 million writers worldwide. Leading universities, corporations, and online businesses rely on Grammarly as their means of proofreading and plagiarism detection. So, for any students out there wishing to copy content for dissertations – don’t do it, you will be found out!
- Students achieve their academic goals and improve their writing skills by using Grammarly on dissertations, theses, essays and reports.
- Professionals use Grammarly to provide them with expert assistance and instant feedback on the quality and accuracy of their English writing in an array of disciplines, which include academic, marketing, technical, legal, health care, and journalism.
Grammarly can be a powerful online grammar checker for those seeking jobs who wish to perfect cover letters and other documentation before submitting to potential employers.
It is also of great benefit to non-native English speaking professionals and foreign students alike.
You can even download the software to be used in Microsoft Word.
Good Grammar Pays Dividends
In an era of social media and text messaging, it is no wonder that proper grammar is under threat. Trying to limit a sentence or even a paragraph to 140 characters is bound to encourage shortcuts and abbreviations, which often may not pass any ‘good grammar’ test.
The online world revolves around content, the written word, and the blog, so writing good, unique copy is what makes any site attractive to visitors. However, poor grammar seems to have become an epidemic in the workplace and on the web, and can significantly affect your potential to do business online.
Checking grammar is not always easy, but that does not mean that you should not do it. I highly recommend that anyone who takes pride in their website content – and I know you do – should not only read through, but also read their articles aloud. This will ensure that it flows with fluency, and help diagnose spelling, punctuation, and grammar errors.
It is good practice to get into the habit of reading out loud what you’ve just written, and make corrections and adjustments as you go. When you feel you have got it right, put it through a grammar checker like Grammarly and iron out those tiny niggling errors that you have missed – it is well worth it!
Maximize your Earning Potential
Poor lazy writing will lead to a reduction in traffic which is not what you want. To avoid this, make sure you get your grammar and spellings into shape before you even publish your content.
Therefore, it should be a high priority for any website owner or guest writers to offer their best quality work, but so often this is not the case. What we see is content that hasn’t been thought through in a methodical way, and then typed out in an intense fervor to beat a non-existent deadline. Why oh why? Take the time and get it right! No reader wants to struggle through poorly punctuated badly written English.
Good things always take a little longer to achieve, but there’s no reason why people cannot be bothered to do their best. For the sake of some attention to detail in a few key areas, the overall improvements and benefits could be enormous.
I am not saying that all and sundry produce below par content, far from it! What I am suggesting is that, with a small amount of extra effort, anyone can turn an ordinary article which includes typos and poor grammar, into one of clean, fluent and easy-to-read content.
Does Grammarly Share my Text Publicly?
No. The text that you input into the editor is never shared with anyone.
What Are Its Capabilities?
- It can correct up to 10 times more errors than any of the popular word processors.
- It can find and then correct more than 250 different types of grammatical mistakes.
- It can assist you with word choices with context-optimized vocabulary suggestions.
Avoid duplicate content by checking your text copy against well over 8 billion web pages.
How To Check Writing Styles?
All you have to do is to paste your article text into Grammarly’s editor, and then before running the test, from the Start Review button select what writing style you’re checking against.
You can find the best style for the following types of writing:
- Academic Essay
- Book Review
- Research Paper
- Blog or News Post
- Business Document
Words Can Make an Impact
Get your choice of word wrong and the readability of your article may become awkward and stilted.
Finding that exact word, with context-optimized synonyms, can make such a difference to the punch of the sentence. It is all about improving the overall readability and meaning of the piece.
Grammarly’s Editor & Results Windows
Pros & Cons
- Grammarly scores very high in its accuracy rate and ease of use. It offers comprehensive and useful feedback which will help you learn many rules of grammar.
- It is very quick and well automated.
- Detects plagiarism so you can avoid it!
- It does not offer a live chat service.
- It needs an internet connection.
There are three pricing structures depending on your needs. The best value option is the Annual charge which works out at just $11.66 per month.
Monthly – $29.95
Quarterly – $59.95 ($19.98 per month)
Annually – $139.95 ($11.66 per month)
How Can it Benefit You?
Grammarly is not a substitute for the human eye, but it certainly helps to find those elusive, pesky punctuation and spelling errors which may have been overlooked. Having the plagiarism detection is hugely beneficial, and knowing you might have duplicate content allows you to re-write the offending text.
After reading this, I am sure you feel the urge to give Grammarly a try and see how it can improve the reading quality and user experience of your site with very little effort!
Try It Out First Here…
For Affiliates: Promote Grammarly yourself to earn extra commission, and be amazed at how many people are serious about wanting a good grammar and plagiarism checker themselves.
If you find any typos or poor grammar, please rap me on the knuckles and leave a gentle comment below – after all, I am only human, and I’ve had the last say in writing this – even though Grammarly checked it through!
Have you had any experience with grammar checkers before, and does poor grammar bother you at all?
- Review of VideoScribe – Awesome Animated Video Software - February 13, 2017
- Best Amazon WordPress Plugin for eCommerce | WooZone - May 20, 2016
- How To Make Money By Blogging | A Useful Guide - April 8, 2016
- Best Animation Software for Beginners is Fun and Easy to Use! - March 29, 2016
- What Is FileZilla? | Popular FTP Client to Transfer Files - February 29, 2016
- How to Leverage Browser Caching Using .htaccess - February 21, 2016
- How To Back Up A Computer To An External Drive - December 30, 2015
- Powtoon Review: Free Presentation Software - December 15, 2015
- Whiteboard Animation Software is the Secret Ingredient | See Why! - August 16, 2015