We’ll find out how to make money by blogging online, and how easy it is – or not!
And, whether it can supplement your income to any decent degree to make it a real standalone business.
Anyone can blog.
All it takes is passion, effort and a desire to succeed!
#1 – Some Blogging Truths!
From the outset, this method of writing appears to be the easy way to make money online. You get home after work, settle down in front of the computer, focus on a topic of interest and let the creative juices flow.
But, is it the friendly business that could change your lifestyle? And if it is, how is the best way to get started?
We’ll answer those in just a minute!
But first, a few honest truths about blogging generally:
- It is a ‘proper’ business, which needs a deal of investment – your time!
- It will require extra skills along the way to enable you to promote your content effectively.
- You must be disciplined enough to write regularly and interact with your readership.
- Along the way, you need to beware of offers and promises from unscrupulous Internet marketers. These will cause a distraction – and could also cost you!
- It will take more than a blog with a few ads posted on it to get the money rolling in.
Don’t be distracted by the above, but be spurred on. It’s the dedicated blogger who WILL see results.
Saying that, a last negative thought is that only a small percentage of bloggers earn incomes of six-figures or more. There are those in the middle band who make $5000 to $60,000 annually whereas, the majority tend to earn from anything up to $2,500 a year. BUT, don’t let that get in your way!
It’s up to you how much effort you put in. More work leads to a better income.
It is your own business, so give it your best shot!
#2 – Find the Best Training
We know now what it takes to go from a hobbyist blogger to a pro, hard graft and an investment in the right training – to hone your craft.
More about training:
- Do find a good course, as this will be the making of you.
- Learning is an important process that will teach you everything you need to know about being successful online.
- Success doesn’t just happen, it has to be worked at!
- Learn at your own speed – one step at a time. Trying to rush it will lead to procrastination and confusion, two big negatives in IM.
- Start your own website and put your learning into practice.
Remember: Rome wasn’t built in a day!
#3 – Get Creative and Write
Once you understand the process of blogging, then it’s a matter of knuckling down and creating useful and interesting content that readers want or need.
By joining niche related forums, you will be able to find topics that need questions answered or just join in the debates to learn more about the subject. It’s all about spreading your wings online so that you become aware of niche-related content and soon others will become aware of yours.
After that, it’s a matter of rinse and repeat -continually writing more!
#4 – Blogging Do’s and Don’ts
There are a few cardinal rules with blogging and some are as follows:
- Do put yourself in the position of your reader. Streamline your content and images for relevance and user-friendliness.
- Don’t be tempted to monetize your blog until you have attracted enough traffic.
- Ads are a distraction. Don’t slap Google Ads all over your website, thinking that the money will roll in immediately – it won’t!
More about ads:
Do you like navigating around, over or through those pesky ads that keep interrupting your reading flow?
No, I guessed not, I don’t either. In fact, it makes me back out and leave the site as quickly as possible. This speedy exiting is called the ‘bounce rate‘ in Google Analytics. High bounce rates are bad for business and your ranking in the SERPS (Search Engine Results Page) will be affected.
Also, beware popups! They’re b***** annoying and make me run for the hills. Keep your site clutter-free!
How to Earn Money Blogging
Earning money from your blog is more about doing the simple things properly and writing good stuff -that folks want to read – (things you are passionate about). That will ultimately lead towards an increase in traffic.
What you need first:
- Domain name – search for the ideal available domain using a great keyword tool like Jaaxy.
- Web hosting – this is included if you take up training with Wealthy Affiliate, otherwise, my first choice would be Namecheap, followed by GoDaddy and BlueHost.
Now you are setup and have the basis of your niche site under way, you are ready to start promoting things – digital and physical products are a good place to start.
This is called affiliate marketing.
More eyes on your work will mean you are ready to start monetizing your website.
See here on where to find affiliate network promotion sites?
Selling with Amazon is the best starting point.
- You must be an Amazon Associate to be able to sell their products.
- Getting affiliate links from your chosen products is easy. At the top of the Amazon page, you will see the Site Stripe. This enables you to extract the desired code (Text, Image, Image+Text) for the product page you’re on.
- Paste this link into your post or page (into the Text editor, not the Visual editor).
- FYI: A good plugin called EasyAzon is worth a look into – I use it a lot!
See a review of EasyAzon here.
Next, start selling things you have road-tested or owned through reviews on your site. And, soon you’ll have amassed loads of stuff to promote.
Create a Website – Write Content- Promote It – Get Traffic – Earn Money
Writing articles is a skill that can soon become a passion, especially when your thought processes kick in and you are bulging with ideas.
So long as you consistently create new, useful, unique and relevant content, your website will flourish and grow. Now you will have mastered the secrets on how to make money by blogging online.
Hard work and dedication within your niche will pay off – then you can spread your wings and create more websites and niches!
What are your blogging experiences? Do you find writing difficult or do you consider yourself a natural writer? Share writing stuff with us here – we always enjoy hearing stories of others!
- Review of VideoScribe – Awesome Animated Video Software - February 13, 2017
- Best Amazon WordPress Plugin for eCommerce | WooZone - May 20, 2016
- How To Make Money By Blogging | A Useful Guide - April 8, 2016
- Best Animation Software for Beginners is Fun and Easy to Use! - March 29, 2016
- What Is FileZilla? | Popular FTP Client to Transfer Files - February 29, 2016
- How to Leverage Browser Caching Using .htaccess - February 21, 2016
- How To Back Up A Computer To An External Drive - December 30, 2015
- Powtoon Review: Free Presentation Software - December 15, 2015
- Whiteboard Animation Software is the Secret Ingredient | See Why! - August 16, 2015