Keyword research has become one of the most important tasks to be made even before writing an article. It’s a valuable and necessary part of marketing for the search engines.
Ranking for the “right” keywords is so vital that if done poorly or not at all, it can destroy your efforts and your website.
Researching keywords is a bit like putting together a 1,000 piece jigsaw puzzle, get one piece wrong (the keyword) and the puzzle remains incomplete. But fit the exact piece in the right place and you have a finished masterpiece in front of you.
There are many keyword research tools out there, a particularly popular one being the Google Keyword Tool. But the all round star of keyword tools is Jaaxy. Never heard of it before? Don’t worry, just pop over to the Jaaxy Enterprise review and see for yourself. This comprehensive research tool has several built in extra functions, such as:
- Keyword Data – find a wealth of data about the searched keyword
- Site Rank – Determine the ranking of a site based on a targeted keyword
- Competition – Details where the competition for an entered keyword is coming from
- Website SERPS – Produces the top 10 search engine listings for the keyword (Detailed data can then be seen)
- Affiliate Programs – Will show if there are any affiliate programs available related to the keyword
- Brainstorm – Unsure what to write about, brainstorm here!
Other menu items are as follows:
- Keyword Lists – this is a facility to select your desired keywords and save them into a list. This is extremely useful, as lists can be retrieved at any time.
- To Do Lists – exactly what the name suggests!
- Search History – again useful to be able to backtrack on searches
- Training – Great video tutorials on how to use this great program
- My Account – all personal info
- Affiliate Program – this is where all stats and affiliate information is stored
Jaaxy collects data from ALL the search engines, and not only Google, so this ensures that you get the most accurate results.
This is a very impressive keyword research tool, the likes of which you won’t find anywhere else. It turns the finding of keywords into an art form – and what’s more, it’s totally addictive and thoroughly rewarding.
Too Much Competition
For example, say you are writing a post about how to make wine. While you could use the keyword “wine,” you’ll be up against the millions of other blog posts all about wine, even if they are about wine types, wine sales, or wine marketing.
However, by lengthening your keyword into a keyword phrase – often referred to as a “long-tail keyword,” such as “red wine types,” or maybe even “making white wine,” you then narrow the field significantly of competitive websites, which allows your page to rank higher in Google Search results (SERPS) for that phrase.
Nobody Searches For Them
Can you remember the last time you did a Google search for something using only one word? No, because we very rarely do, we enter a phrase.
When you’re searching for a pair of red shoes, you won’t get far by entering in “shoes,” will you? The phrase, “red shoes” will get you a bit closer to your desired result, but the more specific you get, like say “flat red shoes,” the more accurate your results will be. It’s all about specificity!
You know how to enter search terms into a search engine, so now all you need to think about is relevancy and specificity, as you prepare and write your own posts and pages, so others can find your sites.
Targeting Your Keyword to the Right Audience
Anyone can sit down and gather a few keywords off a keyword research tool on the web, so how do you know it’s the “right” keyword? Well, we must work backwards. Who is your website being aimed at, and what group or niche may be interested in your content?
You MUST target the right market before you attempt to get traffic to your site. Getting the wrong visitors to your pages will harm your hard efforts, affect your rankings and be a complete waste of time.
Being aware of the value of keyword research (KR) becomes an art form, and it’s definitely something that every website owner needs to address, and become proficient in. It’s the life blood of their site. Understanding KR enables one to predict shifts in demand, and respond effectively to trends. This puts you in a better position of being able to supply those active web searchers with their content, services or products that they are actively seeking.
The Value of a Keyword
When conducting keyword research, start off by looking for low competition phrases connected with your page or site. The time invested in this is thoroughly worthwhile and will pay dividends in the SERPS later on.
Don’t rush this and don’t choose a phrase that means nothing. If you see “easy make money” with great results, don’t be tempted as it should read “easy to make money“.
This is where Jaaxy offers so much information to you on a plate!
Google has intimated that keywords aren’t the bee all and end all when it comes to top rankings, and they advise the that writer/blogger should concentrate on writing unique and relevant content, which is quite correct, so…
… just write great website content
If you need to know more about Jaaxy or have other questions, please post them below and I’ll get back to you shortly…
- Best Amazon WordPress Plugin for eCommerce | WooZone - May 20, 2016
- How To Make Money By Blogging | A Useful Guide - April 8, 2016
- Best Animation Software for Beginners is Fun and Easy to Use! - March 29, 2016
- What Is FileZilla? | Popular FTP Client to Transfer Files - February 29, 2016
- How to Leverage Browser Caching Using .htaccess - February 21, 2016
- How To Back Up A Computer To An External Drive - December 30, 2015
- Powtoon Review: Free Presentation Software - December 15, 2015
- Whiteboard Animation Software is the Secret Ingredient | See Why! - August 16, 2015
- Find The Best External Hard Drive For Data Storage - August 4, 2015